Austin-Healey Association members attending were: Jeff Boysen, Phil Caliva, Jon Doherty, John Hedblom, Dex Kaytis, Tim McNiff and your correspondent. The group arrived at the theater parking lot around 7am along with a couple of hundred other car lovers. After coffee from the local Starbucks and a quick once-over of the cars on hand we gathered for a group photo. A local former BJ8 owner (who had sold her car to Belgium) took the picture.
Among the topics discussed over breakfast at Magpie's Grill:
- Jeff's BT7 engine overhaul and processes for refurbishing the engine compartment when the engine is out. Cleaning products such as Simple Green and Scrubbing Bubbles were mentioned for removing grease without harm to the paint.
- Steve Gerow's ongoing adjustment issues with his replacement steering worm from Denis Welch.
- How to install heater and fresh air ducts with the engine out.
- Huge crowds at recent Petersen Sunday events, especially Japanese Car Day.
- Sunday's Queen's English show in Woodley Park
- Getting a group of cars together to ship to Deadwood next year for the National Conclave.
- Phil talked about a cool Spitfire he saw with a clean Honda VTEC engine installation.
- Dex discussed use of JetDry liquid (1:5 to water) as excellent anti-spotting agent for washing your wire wheels and letting them air-dry.
- Jeff advocated the use of a cheap leaf blower as quickie dryer for entire car. Great for getting water out of recesses.
- Lastly – we wondered what will be Edd China's next TV show since he left Wheeler Dealers.