With almost two months to go until Yosemite Healey Week, we are nearly at our capacity. We currently have 100 entrants and about 191 people attending. About 54 cars are attending from Southern California (AHASC and AHCSD), 40 from Northern California (GGAHC) and two each from New Mexico, Washington and Arizona.
Our planned lunch at the Majestic Hotel (Ahwahnee) is still on for Thursday, June 2. However, we will have to make some adjustments to the rest of the day. First, far more people signed up for the lunch and the after lunch drive (Tuolumne tour) than we expected; and there will be only one hotel tour, not two. This caused us to adjust the day’s events, which will result in either elective or mandatory schedule changes for some attendees:
1. People will depart the Redwoods for the Poker Run (into the Yosemite Valley) in two groups.
Group 1 will about 9AM and include all those having lunch at the Majestic and are taking the after lunch tour to Tuolumne Meadows. This group will be seated for lunch about 12:00 and be limited to about 50 cars.
Group 2 will depart the Redwoods about 9:30AM and, upon arriving at the Majestic, will (if desired) take a guided tour of the hotel. They will then be seated for lunch about 1:30, after Group 1 has departed.
2. There will only be one Majestic Hotel tour, not two, limited to about 80 people.
3. We are oversubscribed for the after lunch Tuolumne tour. People taking this tour should realize that this drive will be quite long, perhaps 5 hours. This time of year, traffic can be quite heavy and speeds might be reduced to about 25MPH. We will take a poll on who still want to take this tour and, if still oversubscribed, we will have to limit Group 1 to 50 cars.
4. The final Poker hand drawing will take place back at the Redwoods during the cocktail hour, about 6:00PM. Both Group 1 and Group 2 are expected to be back by then.
Other announcements about Yosemite Healey Week include:
- If you rented a cabin at the Redwoods, they will be charging your credit card on April 1st, 60 days prior to arrival.
- If you are trailering your Healey to Yosemite, there is parking for your trailer at the Redwoods. However, please do not drive all the way up to the Event Center with it. When you exit Hwy 41 to Wawona, turn right on Chilnualna Falls Road and proceed to The Redwoods. Look for signs posted for Healey Week trailer parking and offload your Healey and park your trailer there.
- Registration will open up on the early afternoon of Wednesday, June 1st. There will be both a “fast track” Redwoods check-in and our Healey Week registration. Please be patient, as we have a lot.
- The Redwoods is sponsoring a “Welcome to Healey Week” cocktail reception Wednesday, before dinner.
- We are planning a BBQ dinner on Friday evening at the Redwoods. This will be a “Cowboy” theme…be sure to pack your boots and cowboy hats for the trip and bring your favorite country music!
- We will be providing beer, wine and soft drinks for the three dinners on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evenings. If you desire and other beverages, please bring them with you. We look forward to seeing you in Yosemite!