New Website Privacy Policies
European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
If you use any online services, you've undoubtedly received an email from each one about changes to their privacy rules as a result of the European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). These regulations will also apply to Austin Healey Association of Southern California. We have been working closely with ClubExpress, our association management software vendor, to comply with these new regulations.
At the end of this month, when you login to our website, you will be redirected to a new screen where you will be required to answer a couple of questions.
- You will be required to click an "I Agree" box to certify the following:
- That you consent to the storage and processing of your personal data in the US, by ClubExpress, on our behalf.
- That you consent to receiving transactional messages sent by ClubExpress on our behalf, such as a renewal notice or a payment confirmation.
- That you consent to the sharing of your personal data with third parties to conduct the official business of the organization, such as processing a credit card payment.
- You will also be asked whether you will accept general purpose communications concerning club or association business, such as newsletters and event notices. This question is required, but you have the option to accept or decline such communications.
In compliance with the GDPR, we have appointed a Data Protection Officer ("DPO") to handle any questions or concerns you might have about the privacy of your personal data. That person's name and contact information can be found on our Contact Us page.
Another provision of the GDPR is the "right to be forgotten", i.e. to have your information completely removed from our databases. We are implementing an automated process to handle these requests. Until it's fully built, they should be submitted to the DPO.
Thank you for continuing to support us as we implement these important changes to protect your privacy.
Austin Healey Association of Southern California